The Itch

There are times that my body gets unrestful. I call it the Itch, because I know the only way to scratch it is to do something. Usually that means I get up off my backside and throw a boat in the water. But, I haven't been able to do that for a while. I can sometimes appease the Itch by sitting in my boat, but a boat on hardwood only goes so far.


The Itch worsens when I watch videos of either my past exploits, or that of others. In a way, you could say that many people that I've only met through a camera have influenced and inspired me to peruse and express my passion. 

One contributor to this is a group of people who inspired me to modify my truck with a custom rack and a rather fancy tent. (It's in the photo). The entity I'm referring to is called Expedition Overland. As the name implies, they take overland expeditions. The video that set off my itch was their newest video of the first few days doing a South American expedition. Of course, their budget is way over my head in just travel expenses. But, that doesn't matter. What matters to me (and my body in particular) is the sense of wanderlust, of going to the places less traveled, of fallowing a passion, and making the best of life.

Expressing my passion in words with in this blog or by that of my moving pictures seems to be another outlet that my body uses to scratch the Itch. It's like nicotine. (I don't smoke, or chew). When I get started, its hard to stop. The great inquiry of expressing oneself through literature, and media. It got me with hook, line, and sinker.

But, as with all good things I have to go. (Damn work meetings)

Talk to you later,
Yeti

(Expedition Overland, and Rogue Yeti are both on YouTube)



Comments