New Toys


I Love getting new toys, but I don't like when I have to wait to use them.



I recently purchased a Canon Rebel T6i camera. But, I only got the body. Which means I can't use the camera at the moment. I'm not too discouraged though, I'm going to receive some lenses soon. And then, l'm going to be happy.






Now, this camera is not just for photos. Although, it is good at that. I got this camera because of the clarity of the video that it can give.



For those who didn't know, DSLR cameras (like mine) have a higher array of sensors that give a better picture quality and they can use these sensors to give a depth of field to videos and such. However, unlike camcorders, DSLRs have a certain time length to the videos they can take. I'm not saying that you can't take a 30 minute video. I'm saying that who ever is taking the video will have do a lot of video stitching on a computer.



I'm fine with that. Good quality video over length of video is a good trade. Also, I think I figured out way my GoPro cuts long videos in to 16 minute segments.



Also, a camera with an actual zoom function is a blessing. I can get my GoPros to zoom a little, but it is very limited. And, I would rather zoom using a camera then try to fiddle around with my editing program.  I'll use my computer to edit and put some finishing touches on the videos, but my computer is not smart enough to do any extreme edits.



I'll let you know how it goes.



Talk to you later,

Yeti

Comments