Summer Prep

Yesterday, 3/20, spring arrived. And so, I have started preparing for the summer. This manly consists of putting my winter gear away and pulling out my summer gear.

I also set time aside so that I can fix/maintain my truck and motorcycle. I mean, basic maintenance is simple. Oil changes, cleaning out air filters, checking hoses and belts, replacing lights, and on occasion pulling out spark plugs. long list, but achievable on a weekend.

Besides letting my inner grease monkey out, I'm also adding on to my truck.


My truck, above, has been my summer home for the pasted few summers. Not only dose this way have low cost, but it also allows me to stay wherever I like. Also puts me closer to rivers. (The tent is really cozy as well.)

Last summer, I added my motorcycle so that I could leave my truck set up at the campsite of choice. This summer, I'm adding an awning on to the other side of my truck. Like the tent, the awning will be attached to the rack of my truck. But, the awning will provide more protection from the sun and rain when I'm sitting outside. I may  have to nudge the tent over a bit to get both to fit, but it'll work.

I can't wait for it to come in.

If you are wondering where I got my tent and awning, fallow the link.
(www.cascadiatents.com)


Talk to you later,
Yeti

Comments