A Wild Wild River Film Festival


I went to a film festival recently. (Put on by American Rivers, and Greater Yellowstone Coalition). And, wow. I won’t be throwing animals into this, because they can’t match up. (So, no holy cows).


Out of the thirty some films submitted, six were selected (100 minutes) to travel around and leave people slack jawed in awe. I was one of those tonight. And, wow.


Some of the films were trying to get people's attention to rising threats to rivers and their ecosystems. But, all of them left a feeling of thrilling adventure and wanderlust within me. I’ve strengthened my resolve for adventure and relaying my adventures through word and picture. With luck I’ll have many more stories to share.


I want to give you a chance to experience some of the films that riveted me to my seat for nearly two hours. (These films are not in the order that I saw them).





Presented by Chaco and REI. Produced by Gnarly Bay and a Forest Woodward and a  Brendan Leonard Collaboration. Time Travelers is a story of 1 boat, 8 men, 277 miles, and a record to beat.






A Story of a veteran who made peace with his demons by rafting through Desolation Canyon.





Were you kept in your seat?

There were others too. But, sadly I cannot find any links to the videos. I really with I could.


Talk to you later,
Yeti

Comments